According to analyst firm Gartner, "The market for CWPPs is defined by workload-centric security offerings that target the unique protection requirements of workloads in modern hybrid, multi cloud data center architectures.”
Gartner's key findings include:
- The majority of organizations are actively containerizing their applications
- Cloud-native security is increasingly shifting left, but too often container workloads are deployed without adequate runtime protection
- Your cloud-native security solution should provide consistent visibility and control of all container workloads
- For runtime security, anti-malware centric strategies must give way to “zero-trust” and application process whitelisting models
By clicking the download now link above, you consent to allow StackRox to store and process the personal information submitted above in order to provide you the content or service requested.
Gartner, Market Guide for Cloud Workload Protection Platforms, 14 April 2020, Neil MacDonald, Tom Croll
1. GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
2. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.